At Tait we value and respect your privacy and have committed to aligning our business with all legal requirements for privacy.
We operate on a global basis. Rules and requirements on privacy are changing and updating regularly. Privacy is considered throughout our processes, tools, products and services and we are committed to keeping policy and procedures updated. More broadly our Code of Conduct forms the foundation of our company culture and defines the behaviours we expect from all Tait employees including confidentiality and privacy.
In this policy, “we”, “our” and “Tait” refers to Tait Limited and any of our subsidiaries or affiliate companies as applicable.
Collection of Information
Tait may collect several types of information about you including information:
- which may personally identify you such as name, email address or telephone number;
- that does not identify you but is about you, such as title or company name; and
- regarding your computer, website usage and connection.
Tait does not collect sensitive personal data about you.
- websites which are owned or operated by Tait and have an address (or URL) which is operated by Tait (the “Websites”) or Tait branded websites which are hosted by a third party (the “Tait branded Websites”) the “Websites” and the “Tait branded Websites” together for the purposes of this policy are referred to as the “Tait Websites”).
- e-mail or other electronic messages between you and Tait;
- mobile or desktop applications that you download from Tait Websites or from an app store;
- software or services you use under license from Tait; or
- from interactions with advertising or application accessible on other third party websites.
We are the data controller for the information collected about you.
How we collect personal information
Tait may collect personal information in the following ways:
- You may provide us with personal information such as your name, address, phone number, location information, email address and other types of personal information when requesting or using a service with us, sending us a communication, enquiring about employment opportunities, completing forms or surveys on Tait Websites or by completing log-in and password details at any of our Tait Website sign-in facilities.
- If you subscribe to email notifications from Tait, you will need to disclose your email address, either to us or to a third party service that manages email notifications. Similarly, you may choose to disclose personal information when adding a post to a Tait Website or when commenting on the posts of others. Such information will be viewable by website administrators, certain Tait staff and, if published, members of the public. Please do not post or otherwise transmit personal information of a sensitive nature. If you do not want to receive e-mail, direct mail or targeted advertisements regarding our products and services, simply tell us when you provide your personal information or by following the directions on our Websites to remove your name from our mailing list(s).RSS or Atom feeds can be subscribed to without the need to disclose any personal information to us.
- We may automatically collect information about your visit to help us improve the Tait Websites. This information includes:
- your IP address;
- the search terms you used;
- the pages you accessed on the Tait Websites and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the Tait Websites
- the previous website you visited;
- your browsing behaviour and the URLs of the pages you visit;
- your operating system (e.g., Windows XP, 8, 10 or Mac OSX); and the type of web browser you use (e.g., Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox).
- We may also collect information about you from other available sources, such as public records or bodies.
For more information on cookies in general visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss. However, no data transmission which uses the Internet can be guaranteed at all times to be 100% secure. As a result, while we have taken reasonable steps to protect your personal information, Tait cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us over the Tait Websites. Therefore, you use such websites at your own risk.
Email addresses for those subscribing to email notifications of updates may be held by a third party service provider that processes email notifications.
We do not provide your personal information to third parties without your consent except if required by law. We do share the information you provide with Tait subsidiaries and affiliate companies.
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties we provide you with the means to opt-out of disclosure by visiting this url http://go.taitradio.com/UnsubscribePage.html
All our employees, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ personal information.
International transfer of data
Access to the personal information we may hold about you
You can ask us, by sending an email (email@example.com) whether we are keeping personal information about you. Upon such a request we will provide you with a readable copy of the personal information which we keep about you. We will provide the information without any charge. We may require you to provide us with additional information and proof of identity in order to identify and release the information to you. We will endeavour to provide you with the information requested as soon as reasonably possible.
We allow you to question the information that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have the data erased (except where it is required for statutory reporting, financial records), rectified, amended, or completed.
Under law we may have the right to refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal information. If we refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal information we will give reasons for our refusal. We do, however, allow you to challenge our decision to refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal data.
If you are not satisfied with Tait’s response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner (see below).
Name/designation: Commercial Manager
Address: 245 Wooldridge Road, Harewood, Christchurch 8051 New Zealand
Phone Number: +64 3 358 3399
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response to your concern you can contact The Office of the Privacy Commissioner Address: P.O. Box 466, Auckland, New Zealand (www.privacy.org.nz) or you may wish to contact Tait’s Ethics office (email@example.com).