It is essential that mission-critical radio users have good training. Using your radio properly brings the following benefits:
- Increased safety through quick and clear communication
- More efficient operations
- More available time for others to communicate
- Less frustration for users in general
Despite this, many users get little-to-no training on the proper etiquette and principles of using a radio properly. No one wants unhappy users, so we’ve put together this short course to go through the best practices for radio usage. In this course, you will learn the following:
- How to use the radio
- Tips and tricks for efficient, clear communication
- How to be considerate of others on your network
- How to ensure your radio stays working
Let’s get started!
Lesson 1: Get Connected
We’ll explore when to press the Push-To-Talk (PTT) button, when to speak, and how to perform regular radio checks to ensure you always stay connected.
Lesson 2: Clear, Efficient Communications
Once you’ve connected to the person or people you need to communicate with, it’s important to keep communications clear and efficient. Here’s how.
Lesson 3: Final Assessment
Once you have completed all the lessons, you can take this final assessment to earn a Tait Radio Academy completion certificate in Best Practice for Radio Users.